The Emmaüs association was founded by Abbé Pierre in 1949 following his encounter with Georges, an ex-convict. It now has 120 communities in France, all driven by the same values:
• An unconditional welcome for anyone who comes to the door of a community, regardless of their origins or history.
• Solidarity, where the strong and the weak join forces to put people back on their feet who no longer have the strength to help themselves. So that they can help others in turn.
• Work: the Emmaüs movement helps the poorest in society to get back on their feet at their own pace, performing an activity that is worthwhile, supportive and focused on others.
Each year, Comexposium employees use their event skills to help the organisation of a non-profit tradeshow to benefit Emmaüs
A great success at the last edition and to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the movement - on June 23rd - with 13,000 visitors and 366,000 euros raised.
Challenge contre la Faim
Action against hunger is an international NGO founded in 1979 that fights hunger in the world. Malnutrition is still responsible for the deaths of 3.1 million children every year. AAH aims to save lives by eliminating hunger by preventing, detecting and treating malnutrition, particularly during and after humanitarian emergencies. AAH operated in 47 countries in 2014, helping 13.6 million people.
The Race Against Hunger by supporting a sports project that benefits Action Against Hunger, we are helping to raise awareness among a greater number of people and to raise money so that they can help those in need.
Comexposium employees participate in the Hunger Challenge activities in La Défense each June
For the 12th edition of the Challenge contre la Faim, 104 companies and more than 3,600 athletes mobilized and raised nearly €880,000 to provide comprehensive care for 3,755 children suffering from severe acute malnutrition, the most serious form of malnutrition.
On 6 June, Esplanade de la Défense, 112 mobilised employees raised €25,825 and actively contributed to Action contre la Faim.
Founded in 2009 by Pierre-Emmanuel Grange and Olivier Cueille, microDon is a non-profit start-up, ESUS (Entreprise Solidaire d’Utilité Sociale) and certified B-Corp charity. microDon provides innovative and varied solutions for companies to be engaged in sustainability activities throughout the year. Comexposium is working with microDon to provide an opportunity for employee contribution matching to select charities.
Comexposium employees can select to have their donations go to either:
- L’Association française des Victimes du Terrorisme (AfVT) - a charity that provides assistance to victims and families of terrosim - To learn more > AfVT
- Le Rire Médecin – a non-profit organisation that seeks to bring laughter, joy, and play to pediatric hospitals throughout France - To learn more > Le Rire Médecin
Results: Each month more and more employees sign up to contribute to these worthy charities.