Paris, 13 February 2020 – WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS form the first business event of the calendar year dedicated to wines and spirits. In the heart of the world’s lifestyle capital, the exhibition welcomed 2,800 exhibitors and 29,280 trade and industry members (1 in 3 of them from outside France). This first joint edition marks a major milestone and establishes Paris in February as the world's key annual event for the industry.
This success, fuelled by exhibitors and visitors alike, confirms the relevance of bringing the two complementary events together. Didier Guillaume, French Minister for Agriculture and Food, who officially opened the exhibition on Monday 10 February 2020, welcomed this inclusive initiative, which helps boost France's international influence.
The global epicentre of wines and spirits
For 3 days, 29,280 trade and industry members from 126 countries came to Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. The top 3 countries represented were the United Kingdom, Belgium and the United States. All of these national and international buyers (importers, wine merchants, restaurant and hotel owners, sommeliers, central purchasing agencies, distributors, specialist wholesalers and sales agents) were able to taste the latest vintage, find new treasures, engage with the major brands and get a grasp of the incredible choice of wines and spirits from different regions around the world.
A rewarding and immersive experience
As was expected by industry players across-the-board, WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS delivered an action-packed programme:
- Numerous conferences and round-table discussions, reflecting prime industry issues (‘Trends and major challenges in the global spirits market’; ‘Consumer expectations for organic wines’; ‘E-commerce: selling wine direct-to-consumer’; ‘The future of French Wines is in the US’; ‘Will there be a Winexit in the UK?’, etc.).
- Promotion of specific market segments in a variety of settings:
· Environmentally-friendly choices (organic, biodynamic, HVE…) through the ‘WOW! - WORLD OF ORGANIC WINE’ area and a ‘WONDERFUL DISCOVERIES’ route through the exhibition.
· The BE SPIRITS area, a first this year, featuring 100 brands from 14 countries and the ‘Infinite Bar’ (the longest cocktail bar in the world, 50 metres in length).
· 40 young winegrowers were looking for their first distribution networks in France and abroad as part of the ‘NEW WAVE’.
Lastly, WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS were able to offer an immersive experience in the evening across Paris with an OFF-site selection of 65 restaurants - chosen to celebrate wine and the diversity and quality of Parisian gastronomy - and 20 mixologists from the most influential Parisian bars.
2021 is just around the corner!
Bolstered by the success and satisfaction prompted by this first joint edition, WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS are already preparing for 2021. Their single-minded objective is to improve and enrich the overall experience for participants - exhibitors and visitors alike. For 2021, their shared ambition is to establish an event with even greater international scope for both exhibitors and visitors and diversify the markets represented, both nationally and internationally.
See you in 2021!
The next WINE PARIS and VINEXPO PARIS will take place from 15 to 17 February 2021.