Digital platform to buy and sell 365 days a year.
The 17th edition of SOLUTRANS, to be held from 21 to 25 November 2023 at Lyon Eurexpo, is shaping up to be the unmissable industry event. Styled as the global hub for heavy and light commercial vehicles, SOLUTRANS is expecting this 2023 vintage to welcome 1,000 exhibitors and brands and 50,000 visits by professionals. As the international event for innovation and information on today’s responsible transport solutions, SOLUTRANS is further increasing its appeal to commercial vehicle players, and offering a unique and even more extensive range of products, solutions and content.
A 2023 show with excellent prospects
The trade show SOLUTRANS is part of the calendar of events organised by the French Bodywork Federation (FFC), held in alternate years to its industry Meetings (Rencontres de la Filière). In 2021, SOLUTRANS was an undisputed success with members of the profession and, indeed, the entire industry. In November 2022, the Industry Meetings gathered nearly 400 people from all over Europe to discuss the major subjects faced by the industry and witness the unveiling of the 2023 SOLUTRANS show.
The global dimension of FFC events no longer needs emphasising, as SOLUTRANS 2023 will once again prove in its status as the Global Hub for Heavy and Light commercial vehicles.
To date, for the 2023 show, more than 75% of stand space has already been booked, which indicates and foreshadows the enthusiasm of all market players for the event. Many professionals in the HGV sector from all over the world have already signed up as exhibitors.
In addition, SOLUTRANS Digital Show, the digital mirror of the show, will offer access to the exhibition’s talks and content to all web visitors, whatever their geographical location.
the meeting place for solutions for greener transport
This 17th edition will revolve around five major themes:
- New energy sources: diversifying powertrains, an economic and environmental issue
- Urban deliveries: alternative delivery methods for city centres with increasingly restricted access
- Retrofitting: improving existing vehicles, an economical and ecological option
- Automated vehicles: engineering in support of safety and performance
- Tyres: a positive impact carcass at the heart of the sector’s issues
It will host several new features:
- A cargo bike area: around 30 stands will present the product offering in this sector, but also the background, key challenges, and solutions to address this specific “last-yards” delivery in large cities and notably in low emissions zones (LEZ, aka. clean air zones). An indoor test track will present the cargo bikes in situ (in a city setting, with a gradient, with narrow traffic lanes).
- An LCV focus: to address the changes underway on the market, the haulage sector has wasted no time in decarbonising its vehicles and transport modes. Between skyrocketing vehicle prices and city access restrictions, light commercial vehicles meet a market demand from the buyers of the future, and in particular from carriers.
- Vehicle tests: Two test tracks, dedicated to combustion engine vehicles and electric vehicles, will be marked out around the perimeter of the exhibition centre.
- A banking and insurance area: with a special space in the heart of hall 6, finance and insurance professionals will be brought together to advise and help industry players at a time when vehicle prices are rising sharply.
- A jobs & training forum: since recruitment is a major challenge for the profession, visitors to the show, whether young novices or career-changers, will find in this space supported by #Mobili’JOB an array of partners to point them in the right direction, and will be able to take part in job dating meetings.
A live content programme focussing on decarbonisation
Throughout the exhibition, industry experts will take to the stage and share their expertise on the themes connected with the concerns of the transport sector.
The themes of Energy Mix and new energy sources will be comprehensively addressed with several talks and round tables including:
- Plenary: the transformations of the commercial vehicle industry in support of the low-carbon transition
- LEZs reinvent heavy and light commercial vehicles, and revolutionise last-yard delivery (cargo bikes, electric LCVs, etc.)
- Urban logistics and last-mile delivery: how can bikes find their place in the logistics chain (in association with CARA)
- Retrofitting, an energy mix solution for LCVs in towns and cities
- Operating costs of goods haulage: review of 2023 and prospects for 2024 (with CNR)
- Parking, a new player in urban logistics?
Many other talks and round tables, in particular on tyres, will come in addition to the headline topics of the industry throughout the show.
(The non-exhaustive live content programme will be the topic of a future communication).
A new trophy for the I-nnovation Awards
A central event at SOLUTRANS, the I-nnovation AWARDS, organised by FFC, pay tribute to the products and solutions of SOLUTRANS exhibitors that display noteworthy innovation. Presented at the Groupama Stadium with 300 guests in attendance, they shine a light on bodywork manufacturers and equipment suppliers.
This year, a new award will be presented in the category “Cargo bikes”.
Presentation of international awards and personality of the year
For the fifth consecutive edition, SOLUTRANS will present four major global accolades: International Truck of the Year Award, International Van of the Year Award, International Pick-Up Award and International Truck Innovation Award. The winners will be announced at the gala dinner held on Wednesday 22 November. At the same function, a leading figure from the sector will receive the 2023 Industry Personality of the Year award, in tribute to actions undertaken in favour of commercial vehicle professions.
SOLUTRANS: THE GLOBAL HUB FOR HEAVY & LIGHT COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
SOLUTRANS, bringing together market players from across the heavy and light commercial vehicle industry, will hold its 17th edition from 21 to 25 November 2023 at Lyon Eurexpo, France.
The event, belonging to the French Bodywork Federation FFC and certified by the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), brings together, over 90,000 sqm, nearly 50,000 professionals along with 1,000 exhibitors and brands from all over the world, under a shared banner: “Energy transition: all responsible.”
SOLUTRANS is the two-yearly rendezvous of one of the most innovative sector verticals, from industry to services. Global economic conditions make SOLUTRANS a showcase for the exceptional performances of HGV builders, bodywork manufacturers, vehicle fitters, OEMs, manufacturers of workshop equipment, tyre professionals and distribution networks.
SOLUTRANS also aims to echo the challenges of the sector, with a specific focus on energy sources, retrofitting, city centre deliveries and its constraints, etc. Moreover, this year the show will present its vision of the “last yard”, with an approach centring on city centre access restrictions, and low emission zones in particular. New delivery methods, notably cargo bikes, which are becoming a part of the transport ecosystem, will have a large educational and test area allotted to them in the centre of Hall 1.
With its status as a global industry event, SOLUTRANS has set itself the goals of supporting the industrial sector, promoting solutions to professionals, and anticipating the challenges that lie ahead.
SOLUTRANS media enquiries:
Anne-Laure MAZEL- +33 1 76 77 14 57 – firstname.lastname@example.org
FFC media enquiries:
Frédéric RICHARD – 06 82 87 69 34 – email@example.com