With 4 months to go before its opening, ALL4PACK Paris – the leading tradeshow for the EMEA zone in the packaging and intralogistics markets – publishes the findings of an exclusive survey into the “packaging experience” of European consumers.
This survey was conducted by L'ObSoCo in 4 countries: Germany, Spain, France & Italy.
1st conclusion: French and Germans have a more functionnal approach to packaging. Italians and Spanish are more sensitive to how packaging looks.
2nd conclusion: 18% of the French consider packaging as something that helps them "buy the right quantity".
3rd conclusion: 75% of Spaniards and 66% of Italians consider connected packaging as "a genuine advance".
Ideal packaing for each generation
You are 18-24 age rank? Your are enthusiasts about connected packaging (71% think that it's a "genuine advance")
You are 55-70 age rank? You are more interested by the well-protection of products (37% think that packaging is above all “a guarantee of product protection”.
The survey at a glance
- The majority of respondents approve of the development of connected and smart packaging;
- In the area of e-commerce, two seemingly contradictory expectations emerge, with robust packaging to protect products on the one hand, and lightweight packaging to reduce the volume of waste on the other;
- Also on the subject of e-commerce, more than half of the respondents rank the reduction in environmental footprint as the main criterion;
- With regard to information displayed on packaging, expectations converge around the manufacturing process;
- As regards limited edition or customised packaging, there is a strong divergence between the French and Germans on one side and the Italians and Spaniards on the other;
- With regard to the main function of packaging, consensus appears between the four countries regarding the guarantee of protection.
About the event ALL4PACK
- The trade shows EMBALLAGE & MANUTENTION become ALL4PACK Paris
- 14 - 17 November 2016, Paris Nord Villepinte, France, Halls 5a, 6 and 7
- 1,600 exhibitors and brands represented from the Packaging, Processing, Printing & Handling sectors, including 50% from outside France
- Expected visitor attendance of 98,000 professionals, including 35% from abroad
- 100 countries represented